Where to find data for areas within Herefordshire
A simple guide on how to find facts and figures about areas in Herefordshire.
- Most up to date statistics from Census 2021 including the latest population data
Census area profiler tool – you will be able to access the latest Census data as they becomes available via this link: Build a custom area profile - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)
- Enter your area name or postcode in the search box to build a custom profile for a ward, parish, parliamentary constituency or local authority area.
- Range of economic indicators
Midland Engine Intelligence Hub - for timely information about the economy and the labour market in your area: Labour market & skills – Intelligence Hub (midlandsengineintelligencehub.org)
- Scroll down the page and click ‘claimants dashboard’ or ‘Jobs dashboard’ to access ward level information.
- Claimant count dashboard:
First select ‘Herefordshire, County of’ from the local authority list and then click ‘click here to view wards’ to select ward level data on claimant count by age, sex or time series data.
- Jobs dashboard:
First select ‘Herefordshire, County of’ from the local authority list and then click ‘click here to view wards’ (button located on the top right of the page next to the Midlands Engine Observatory logo) and select your ward.
- The latest deprivation data (Indices of deprivation 2019)
This is only available at LSOA level via Understanding Herefordshire website – facts and figures about local areas: https://understanding.herefordshire.gov.uk/economy-place/facts-and-figures-about-local-areas/
- Click the radio button for Lower Super Output Area (LSOA) and enter the name of the LSOA or postcode in the search location box in the interactive map OR select the area on the map that you want information for.
- Scroll down the page, you will find information on ‘Indices of Deprivation’ for the LSOA that you have searched for.
- Maps – Downloadable copies of all Herefordshire wards maps (in pdf) can be found at Ward maps – Herefordshire Council.
You can also browse a range of other map-based resources providing information about Herefordshire and view a downloadable file where you search for information about an area by postcode.
Please note that the above resources are ONLINE only. The Intelligence Unit will not be able to provide any support for printing these resources.
If you need any support in using these resources or interpreting data please contact email@example.com.